National Apparel Career Focus Program
APPAREL CONNEXION has successfully allocated its entire subsidy budget for the 2016-17 edition of our APPAREL CAREER FOCUS Program. Thank you to everyone who applied and best of luck to all the new participants!
>> To any company or candidate still wishing to participate in the program: please send your contact info so we can let you know about the next program or any other opportunity that may become available. (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
The National Apparel Career Focus Program
Apparel Connexion is pleased to announce the renewal of the National Apparel Career Focus Program effective in May, 2016 up to March 31st, 2017.
The Apparel Career Focus program offers salary subsidies of up to $15,000 per participant hired with the program.
Main rules and conditions:
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- must be post-secondary graduates (college or university) and must work in their field of study;
- must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive);
- must be out of school;
- must not be beneficiary of employment insurance;
- must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in;
- must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
Employers must provide participants with full-time employment (i.e. at least 30 hours per week) for a minimum of 3 months.
The total amount of the wage subsidy cannot exceed 50% of the paid salary, up to a maximum of $15,000;
Eligible positions may include >>> information technology application (marker making, e-commerce, web), industrial or mechanical engineering, production machinery repair and maintenance, production supervision and management (assistant), quality assurance, design, retail, financial/accounting and so on.
This program . New hires only.
Employers must have a nepotism policy in place with regards to participants.
The following information/documentation will also be required:
- an English or French copy of the candidate's latest or most relevant diploma,
- a copy of the candidate's birth certificate (or any official document confirming date of birth such as driver's license or passport),
- a copy of the candidate's up to date resume,
- the Participant Information Form completed and signed by the candidate;
- the Attestation Form completed and signed by the employer;
- the Apparel Connexion Application Form completed and signed by the employer;
Please note that Employers must submit their application to the program prior to hiring the candidate.
To request the forms, or for any question or comment, please do not hesitate to communicate with us:
Camille Lafontaine-Tardif (Project Manager)
Tel: (514) 388-7779 x102